Quadra Island Accommodations
Things to Do
There are many wonderful things to do while you are staying on Quadra Island. Of course we recommend a trip on the water paddling with Quadra Island Kayaks as an experience not to be missed. But there are many other fun places to explore while you are here. Here are just a few of our favourites!
- Go for a walk on Rebecca Spit Provincial Park to see amazing scenery and impressive piles of beautiful driftwood. A great spot to beachcomb. Watch the sunset light up the coastal mountains, take a swim in Drew Harbour (some of the warmest ocean water on Quadra), toss a frisbee in the large grassy field, take the lovely walk out to the end (nice and flat for all levels of walkers), grab an ice-cream at the Raving Raven. We could go on and on…that’s why it’s number one on this list. You certainly do have to enjoy some time at Rebecca Spit while you are here on Quadra Island!
- Take the drive up North to Village Bay Lakes and go for a freshwater lake swim. Ask us about canoe rentals and shuttles up to lakes.
- Go check out the Nuyumbalees Cultural Center. This is a lovely first nations museum located at the Cape Mudge village on the south end of the island. Sure to be educational and fun for the whole family. This is a great thing to do if it is too rainy or windy to kayak! Maybe add lunch at Tsa Kwa Luten Lodge after the museum… yum!
- Catch some live music at the Heriot Bay Inn. Sunday night jazz on the patio goes great with some local wine and a sunset lighting up the harbour. Friday nights are rockin´ at the pub. 5. Take in some of the enormous artistic talent on the island… potters, glassblowers, painters, sculptors, bike builders, blacksmiths, carpenters….Call ahead for studio tours! Most are more than happy to show you around their studios.
- Go mountain bike riding around Morte Lake and hop in for a swim when you reach the lake. For some biking that is a little more mellow, try out the Community Center trails. Good times for the whole family!!
- Take your pick on any one of the amazing hikes on the Quadra Island Hiking trails network. Trail Guides are $2 at most stores, and of course you can pick one up at the Yak Shack.
- Wild Waterways Adventures (WWA) is a unique carbon neutral Adventure Tourism company based off of Quadra Island in British Columbia, Canada. The Discovery Islands are immersed in one of the most unique and thriving ecosystems on the planet. Exploring with us you will deep dive into Mother Nature’s natural processes. WWA offers a diverse array of adventures that are nothing short of exhilarating, healing and rejuvenating. When booking with us you will explore vast populations of wildlife thriving in the infamous tidal rapids of the islands and fjords of the Coast Mountains. You will have the chance to immerse in Coastal Temperate Rainforests teeming with consciousness, where we learn about Earthing and the benefits of Forest Bathing. We will work with you to customize any private adventure we offer. WWA truly has something for everyone! When you choose WWA, rest assure you are supporting a conscious and eco-friendly business.